Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Football Night Taco Bar







 
On Sunday night, we had a football party at Markus' house.  I made a yummy Buffalo Chicken Dip for an appetizer served with tortilla chips, carrots, celery and bell peppers.  Then I prepped the table for the tacos.  We had raw onions, tomatoes, cilantro, salsa, tobasco sauce, cheese, lettuce, and roasted bell peppers with onions.  Then I cooked different meats.  We had seasoned ground beef, lime and cilantro shrimp, and chicken with BBQ powder.  We also gave everyone the option of hard shell or soft tacos. 



 


I stole the idea of using a muffin pan to hold some of the toppings.  I found it on Pinterest and it worked like a charm.  On think on that site, they had used it as a condiment holder for a hot dog party or something.




The party was a success even though I forgot to have sour cream on hand but nobody asked for it so I guess I was the only one who noticed.  I would love to try this idea again with some other foods...cupcake bar, sundae bar, hot dog bar, pasta bar...!


No comments:

Post a Comment