Saturday, April 14, 2012

Crock Pot Lemon and Rosemary Chicken

I made this chicken last weekend and it was absolutely delicious!
Step 1: spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: put whole chicken in crock pot.
Step 3: rub some butter on the skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 4: juice half a lemon over the chicken.
Step 5: lay lemon slices and rosemary sprigs on top of the chicken. Cook on low for about 8-10 hours. I did not add any liquid.

When I say that the chicken was falling off the bones, that is a major understatement! When I tried to take the chicken out of the crock pot when it was done, the bird actually split in half! I put both huge halves in a 9" x 13" casserole dish and very quickly and easily removed all the meat from the bones. Most of the meat fell right off when I picked up a bone!

I put the bones in the freezer since I knew I wouldn't have time to make stock for a while. But then I defrosted the bones and made a delicious homemade chicken stock with the bones, carrots, celery, onions, parsley, and other herbs. To make this all even better, the chicken was free because I had bought so many groceries at Shop Rite. At checkout, you got to choose a free Easter grocery item and I chose this chicken!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment