Saturday, May 12, 2012

Late Night Conversations

This is a paraphrased conversation last night between me and Gavin.
Gavin: Mom, I got you something for Mother's Day but you can't have it until Sunday.
Me: Oh, is it a card? I love it when you give me cards. You didn't have to get me anything. I'm just glad we get to spend the whole weekend together. That's my idea of a fun Mother's Day.
Gavin: Me too. I like hanging out here. I hope they open the pool soon. And I like snuggling with you and helping you. I think I love you more with your foot hurt so I can help you.
Me: Hopefully, my foot will get better fast so we can go on hikes again. But we will still have an awesome Mother's Day because I'm the luckiest mommy in the whole entire world.
Gavin: Because of me?
Me: That's right. I couldn't have picked a better kid to be my son. You're perfect and I'm so proud of you. You're the best son ever.
Gavin: You too, Mom. You're the best mommy in the whole world.
Sometimes, being forced to slow things down can be a blessing in disguise. Gavin and I have these kinds of conversations often. But I'm so much more appreciative when I'm feeling a little low. I really am so lucky to have a son at his age who is still willing to give me hugs and kisses and tell me he loves me.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment